Hey there dear butthead, I’ll try my best to sum up everything that has been comfirmed and I’ll mention the rumors that seem to be true as well. It’s quite a long story for less than 24 hours, and there are still facts getting unfolded, but this is what I have so far.
In the very early hours of September the 30th, [ex-] Girls’ Generation member Jessica Jung had posted questionable things on her personal weibo account.
These posts hint to the fact that Jessica did not expect this at all, especially since they were having a fanmeet in China on the same day. It also hints a feeling of betrayal. The 8 others she mentioned were most probably the other Soshi members.
First, people assumed that this was the work of a hacker, but as hours passed by and SM had still not stated their position in this, people might as well started believing it’s true.
The media already started to look into the situation, with various spectaculations from, for example, Dispatch.
The article of Dispatch states;
1. At (their) actions, in the eyes of the other members, the two were unacceptable. A representative of Girls’ Generation stated, ‘We hoped that she would put in all her efforts and time into Girls’ Generation promotions, but Jessica does not know how to tell the difference between work (public) and personal affairs.
2. The conflicts and dissension between Jessica and the other members began around August. It was after Jessica launched her fashion brand, ‘BLANC.’ Jessica even launched a line of sunglasses through the brand. At the center of ‘BLANC’ is Tyler Kwon. He is the largest shareholder and investor in the brand and has also maintained attracting most of the income.
Of course, Jessica has invested much of her own money into the business as well. Neither SM Entertainment nor the Girls’ Generation members were opposed to Jessica’s business. However, they did express that putting (the business) before (Girls’ Generation) was a difficult problem. So all in all, ‘BLANC’ should be side business, not the main business.”
3. Jessica had a dream of living as a designer. She is currently getting ready to attend an American design school. To attend an American school, one needs to take the SATs. However, she planned to show her portfolio instead. In order for this to happen, she had no choice but to put all her time into her current design brand. One representative has stated, ‘We can understand her designing as she promotes as a member of Girls’ Generation. But we are against her using the Girls’ Generation brand to live (better) as a designer.’
4. There are a lot of concerns that (Jessica’s) promise with her fans will be running into massive problems as well. In actuality, Girls’ Generation will be holding fanmeets for about three months beginning September 30 until January 4th, 2015. There are conclusions being made questioning whether or not long-term fanmeet tours, such as the one mentioned above, will be difficult to carry on if Jessica continues to focus on her personal business (rather than Girls’ Generation promotions). Even Jessica has been experiencing friction with the deciding of her daily/weekly schedules. One of Girls’ Generation’s representatives stated, “We have asked Jessica regarding her stay or departure (from the group). From what I know, she has said that she cannot give either one up. I don’t think she knows how to choose between the two.”
5. It seems as though she finds herself in an unfair position, as if she thinks that she has given her all into being part of (Girls’ Generation). (She finds) that being suggested the idea of leaving the group was an unacceptable and irrational thing to do. Currently, Jessica’s agency staff and members are all awaiting her decision. Once she decides to choose “Girls’ Generation”, then Girls’ Generation must become her #1 priority. In the end, all that matters is Jessica’s sincerity. Right now, in the eyes of her members, Tyler Kwon and BLANC are Jessica’s first and foremost priority. Because of this, these conflicts are now blowing out of proportion.
But remember, this was all before SM had said anything about it.
Then finally after a while, SM spoke up.
Hello. This is SM Entertainment.
We are offering our position on the message posted on Jessica’s Weibo posted today.
This coming spring, due to her personal situation, she notified us that she will halt her team promotions with the release of one [more] album.
Despite Jessica’s sudden notice, the agency and the Girls’ Generation members tried our best and tried to figure out a way that Girls’ Generation’s activities can continue in the best possible direction.
However, in the midst of insufficient clear negotiations regarding conflicts of differences in priorities and interest, Jessica started her fashion business.
Due to this, despite ongoing talks, it has come to a point where the team could not be maintained any longer.
Thus, the agency had no choice but to pull up Girls’ Generation’s activities as 8 members earlier than planned, and in the midst of while working out when to announce this, Jessica had posted her words early this morning.
From here on, our agency will continue to support and manage the 8-member Girls’ Generation and Jessica’s individual activities.
Yes, most of it are still just rumors but with what it looks like right now, it might actually be true.
Jessica’s marriage rumors have been going around for a while now and remember on Jessica&Krystal when Krystal cried and begged her sister not to marry yet?
I think it’s pretty much more than obvious that Tyler Kwon, Chairman and CEO of the Coridel Group, is the guy who is supposed to be Jessica’s boyfriend/fiancé. As you can read in statement 1 of Dispatch, it says that Jessica was not drawing a line between her personal life and work. Apperantly, she has been dragging Tyler Kwon everywhere with her, from her Jessica&Krystal shooting in NYC, to her own promotional activities.
Jessica had it planned for a while now, to leave Girls’ Generation in a proper way, recording one last album and support Soshi without being part of it anymore while focussing on her personal life. While they were in the midst of discussing how to bring this over to the fans, and the public, Jessica revealed the public about her new upcoming brand, BLANC. This was in August, and SM didn’t seem to appreciate it.
When re-newing her contract, Jessica again had asked SM to record and promote one [more] last album with Girls’ Generation before officially leaving (it’s not like Girls’ Generation had many more years to go anyway. I’m saying this as a sone, but Girls’ Generation re-newed their contracts for three years, we’ll probably just get three new albums within those three years), and then start to focus on her clothing line, BLANC. Basically, SM told her that if she is planning to do that she should just leave already. (Nope I have no idea if that one last album will happen, probably will tho, well at least I hope so.)
All right, this is all I can give you for now. Remember that most of it are just rumors, but yes, as of today, Jessica is no longer a SNSD member (biggest shock I got this year).
Some side issues, people are suspecting the following things to happen withing the upcoming six months:
Alright, these are the reasons SM gave us on why they have decided to kick Jessica out. But there is probably a whole lot more because there are plenty of SM artists with a huge amount of solo activites (even someone who’s in the same group as Jessica, Yoona has a bunch of solo activities), so why can’t Jessica have one?
- Jessica will focus on BLANC
- Get into a designer school
- Getting married
- Take Krystal out of f(x)
I’m sorry if it didn’t make sense, it’s just so much I got myself confused while typing it all down. As a SONE who has hold Jessica in her top 3 biases since the day she became a SONE, I am deeply hurt, ashamed, and feel betrayed, by the actions of SM entertainment. SM didn’t have a good past to begin with, but this is too much for me to handle. I hope I kind of helped you out!